Sunday, August 09, 2009

Lights, camera & action !

Let's get straight to the point shall we ? The usual, attended church and went back from after service like any other Sundays. But today's routine is a lil bit different than the other Sundays, with a lil excitement added into it. Kay so after service, temaned my dad to RTM's studio for a live interview about whether should we or is it sinful to abandon our parents when they reach to senior citizen life stage.

As obviously as is, the answer is no. This is definitely a no no to treat your parents like that in future, whether you already had a family of your own or you expected a fair share with your siblings in taking turns to take care of them or financial and medical problems. I'm sure you do not wish to be treated as well like that in future. Think about it, who's making your life and everything possible ? Them. & is it right to thank them by abandoning them ? Ya sure, senior citizen's attitude can be really hard to bear with in times based on their ever lasting nagging, questions repeating and reminding. Still they're doing it because they care for us. & be sure to spend more time with them, cause based on what I acknowledged this afternoon, their greatest fear happens to be loneliness, well beside death. Choi, skip skip skip.. Got really fascinated at one point about them saying if a pair of couple could take care of ten children of their own, wonder how come none of the ten children could do the same thing in return. Instead they damn their parents to nursery home. Ten out of ten children, none of them could find the time to take care or accompany their parents. Any way that was an example they brought out in the conversation. Just spent more time with them, alright ?

Alright back to the interview, technically I think it's more like a discussion. Though the invitation issued to my dad it's an interview, still I find it more like watching The View, topic discussing, each giving self opinions and stuff... According to the RTM channel workers, they receive a really great response from the viewers all over the state on the topic they are discussing today. Quite a numbers of in coming phone calls came dialing in order to ask my dad and the other two guests to consult their problems. Guess they manage to made this week's episode a success.

Overall I think my dad did a fantastic job, learned so much from him today and the other two uncles (whatever you address them) too. *tears* I'm so proud, lol. Besides, I get to have the best view during the programme 你怎么说? Yup is in Chinese, needless to say I find it very cool, behind the scene part I mean. It's the truth, good job dad ! Plus some of the viewers called specifically just wanted to ask questions from my dad, not the host nor the other two arrr how to address them again. Ahh just uncles. Now I've seen my dad on tv quite some times, don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging. Just got extra special exciting this time. Up close and all, if you know what I mean. Well come to think of it it's not about my dad on tv yadayadayada, it's about the senior citizens & thinking nowadays the transformation of the world and the people.

Finally Dee, a descent post you've been long expecting. :)

0 comments: